Proven Track Record
A. Research Publications by our President, Amit Kumar, PH.D.
- Expert Testimony before the Standing Committee on Finance, House of Commons, Parliament of Canada on "Terrorist Financing on Canada and Abroad.”
- Importance of the Counterterrorism Dimension in the U.S.-India relationship. The Hill, Washington D.C.
- Amit Kumar, Counter-Threat Finance and National Security: Treasury's Inimitable and Indispensable Role. National Security Law Journal. George Mason Law School.
- "The Revised FATF Standards and Methodology: Implications for CFT Efforts." The Anti-Money Laundering Association (AMLA).
- Combating Hizballah's Global Network. Amit Kumar, Yonah Alexander, and others. Potomac Institute.
- International Efforts in Countering the Financing of Terrorism: A Status Check. George Mason Law School.
- The Criticality of Information Sharing in Countering the Financing of Terrorism Efforts in India. George Mason Law School.
- The Monitoring of the Implementation of Financial Sanctions Against Al-Qaida: An Assessment and Steps for the Future. Center for National Policy, Washington D.C.
- The Current Threat from Al-Qaeda and U.S. Counter-terrorism Strategy. Center for National Policy, Washington D.C.
- The U.S. Exit from Afghanistan: Implications for the Role of South Asian Stakeholders. Center for National Policy, Washington D.C.
- The Revised FATF Standards: A Shot in the Arm for Countering the Financing of Terrorism Efforts. Center for National Policy, Washington D.C.
- The Untamed Threat from Lashkar-e-Tayibba. Center for National Policy, Washington D.C.
- The U.S.-India Security Relationship: Some Highlights and the Road for the Future. Center for National Policy, Washington D.C.
- The Decline of Al-Qaeda Central; The Rise of Al-Qaeda Affiliates; The Arab Spring; and Implications for U.S. Security. Center for National Policy, Washington D.C.
- The Need for Including Critical Infrastructure Resilience Ability in United Nations Counter-Terrorism Capacity Assessments. George Mason Law School.
- An Examination of Policy and Organizational Issues Relating to the role of Public-Private Partnerships in Preparing for a Terrorist Attack on the Food and Agriculture Sector. George Mason Law School.
B. Conference Papers/Training/Seminars/Media Appearances/Congressional Briefings
- Invited speaker for Webinar "APAC Focus: Coping with Global Compliance Complexities" Association for Certified Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS).
- Hosted and Moderated Panel on India's Fast-Changing and Happening Anti-Money Laundering/Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) World. AMLA.
- Invited speaker on "Terror Trade: Weapons, Narcotic, and Fake Currency" for International Conference titled "Integrated Approach to Counter-Terrorism." India Foundation and the Sardar Patel University of Police, Security and Criminal Justice.
- Invited Speaker for Webinar "Case Study: What the Post-ISIS World Demands of AML Professionals." ACAMS.
- Invited Speaker on "Optimizing Surveillance Programs to Spot Emerging Financial Crime Trends in India" ACAMS India.
- Invited Speaker for the Webinar on "APAC Financial Crime Briefing: Applying the Latest Tools and Techniques. ACAMS Asia.
- Moderator and Program Chair of the US India Political Action Committee (USINPAC) Conference "US-India Counterterrorism Cooperation: Salient Issues, Common Approaches, and Avenues for Future Growth." Capitol Hill, Washington D.C.
- Invited Speaker on "Terrorist Financing Networks in the Middle East and South Asia: A Comparative Assessment," Amit Kumar, Marvin Weinbaum. Middle East Institute, Washington D.C. Reference
- Invited Speaker on "South Asia Security Challenges: National, Regional, and Global Perspectives." Potomac Institute.
- Invited Speaker on "The Lone Wolf Challenge: Past Experience and Future Outlook." Amit Kumar, Kyle Olson, Yonah Alexander, and others. Potomac Institute. C-SPAN Coverage
- Invited Speaker on "The Revised FATF Standards and Methodology: Implications for CFT Efforts." AMLA.
- Moderator and presenter with John Cassara and others for Panel "Challenges Facing the Implementation of AML/CFT laws in the U.S. and South Asia: A Comparative Perspective" 8th Homeland Security Law Institute. American Bar Association.
- Interviewed by ACAMS moneylaundering.com for the story: "Greater International Pressure Needed to Track Down on Terror Group LeT: CFT Analyst.”
- Invited Speaker on "Countering the Financing of Terrorism Measures against Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT): An Analysis of the Role of the Pakistani Government." University of Maryland. National Press Club, Washington D.C.